Activity calendar RRC, 2021-22.
Activities of RRC, 2020-21.
RED RIBBON CLUB
Government Degree College, Nowshera
- ABOUT RED RIBBON CLUB:
The Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS.It is internationally recognized as a symbol of solidarity and commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS. RRC empowers students in the age group of 17-25 years, by giving them information and life-skills to protect themselves from HIV/AIDS and by changing the most active among them into PEER EDUCATORS.
- THE RED RIBBON SYMBOLIZES:
CARE AND CONCERN:The red ribbon symbolizes care and concern for those who are living with HIV/AIDS,
HOPE: The red ribbon represents a symbol of hope that the search for a vaccine is successful and the quality of life improves for those living with the virus,
SUPPORT:The red ribbon offers a symbolic support for those who are living with HIV/AIDS and for those who have lost their friends, family members or loved ones to AIDS.
- OBJECTIVES OF RED RIBBON CLUB:
- To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth.
- To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change both among youth as well as society at large by developing their skills on leadership, advocacy, communication and team building.
- To increase awareness among youth on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
- To impart skills among youth on self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction.
- To encourage blood donations.
- Create and train, among the youth, a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS and its prevention in the community.
- COMPOSITION OF RED RIBBON CLUB GDC NOWSHERA:
- Prof. Inam Ul Haq (Nodal Officer 1)
- Prof. Pooja Devi (Nodal Officer 2)
- Peer Educators (10 students)
- RRC Members (Students enrolled under RRC)